Jonathan Warner and Mary Nagle will be flying in to Cape Town from Maryland in the USA this week. They are both Rotarians in their home town. They are here as part of the Rotary Global Grant application for a joint FASD project that Kimberley South Rotary Club and Carroll Creek Rotary Club are submitting to Rotary International.
Jonathan has been to our Club many times before. Unfortunately their busy schedule this time means they will not be able to come to our club meeting this Friday.
- Instead he will be with the Beaufort West Rotary Club on his drive up from Cape Town.
- On Saturday he will be with us for the FASD Conference.
- On Sunday they will be attending the FASD industrial theatre productions in Galeshewe and Roodepan, sponsored by Hope in South Africa.
- On Monday morning they will have a meeting with government officials to discuss FASD, followed by a visit to the Grassroots Edge/FASfacts training programme sponsored by Hope in South Africa.
- At lunchtime on Monday they will be guest speakers at our sister club, the Rotary Club of Kimberley before departing to visit the Bloemfontein Rotary Club.
- Following this they will be spending time with Hope in South Africa's flagship project in Richmond as well as visiting the Colesberg Rotary Club and Hantam Community Education Trust.